From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:10:53 -0700

I was listening to my radio (89.5 FM) the other day in San Diego.  I
never listen to this station, it just happen to be there and this lady
said, "Places to get a gluten-free meal are....."  I couldn't believe
it.  I don't even know her name, but she has a half hour program where
people can call and ask all kinds of questions about restaurants.
Where's the best Italian, etc....

Anyway, for people living in or visiting the San Diego area, she
suggested Shelby's and Terra's.  (She said to call ahead of time.

Shelby's
6737 La Jolla Blvd
La Jolla, CA 92037
(619) 456-6660

I may have spelled Terra's wrong.  I'm still searching for the location.

Then she suggested San Diego Artisan Bakery in Escondido.  This is the
real reason for my message.  I went to this Bakery yesterday and they
said they'll start making gluten-free bread on Friday and Saturdays.

They said they're just starting this.  I asked, "How could this lady
just be broadcasting?"  They weren't sure.  Someone must've informed
her.  Anyway, they said they'll bake it as long as there's a demand.
She said it was very good bread.   Sooooooooo, please if you live close
to this area, try out the bread.  I'll be going there on Friday and will
let you know if it indeed is tasty.

San Diego Artisan Bakery
1551 S. Escondido Blvd.
Escondido, CA
760/740-5963

It's just north of Felicita on the left.

Sidona/San Diego