From:
Wray Sparling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:53:20 -0500

As promised on the chat line Monday evening, I am sending the recipe that I
have been using for bread and buns.  It's a combination of several.  The
last time I baked, I made it into hamburger buns (in salmon cans) and sub
buns. ( Just lay a strip of batter on a cookie sheet.)

In a large bowl, sift together:
        1 cup white rice flour
        1 cup brown rice flour
        1 cup potato starch
        1 tsp. sugar
        1 tsp. salt
        1 T. fast rising yeast
        1 T. xanthan gum

In a smaller bowl, beat together:
        2 eggs
        3/4 cup warm milk (When all these ingredients are combined,
        1 cup warm water    they still should be warm to touch)
        1/4 cup veg. oil

Mix all ingredients together and beat for 2 minutes.  Let rise(covered) for
1 - 1/12 hours until doubled in size.  Beat again for 3 minutes.  Pour into
greased pans.  Let rise again until dough reaches top of pan.  Bake at 400
F. for 15 minutes.  Cover with foil if it 's getting too brown.  Continue
baking for approx. 45 minutes (much less for buns).  Remove from oven, then
from pans.  As soon as it's cool, slice and freeze whatever portions you
will not be using immediately.

Makes 1 loaf, or 16 - 20 buns.

The bread still doesn't stay together properly, but eating gluten-free is
always an adventure.  Good luck.

Pat in Manitoba