From:
Nora Veldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 12:41:27 +0200

Hi All,

I would like to thank all that responded to my query "biopsy or
selfdiagnosis".

The only negative response (don't do biopsy now) I got pointed out that
there was a risk of 10%. A risk to what? To get worse instead of
better??? Furthermore he pointed out that if complaints aren't strong
the biopsy AND bloodtests can very well be inconclusive.

>From all other replies I did not get the impression that that was the
case. On the other hand it might have slipped their attention that
I don't feel extremely ill, just have dermographitis and some other
general complaints that might mean anything. (And also, it has been
established by blood tests that I'm allergic to tree/spice/grass
pollen and all kinds of nuts aswell as to the whole list of cereals, I
might be suffering from all those other things and not (so much) from CD.)

Is it indeed so that a CD biopsy or CD bloodtests might be
INCONCLUSIVE even if I am not GF at all at the moment. (Since I
realize I might have CD, I notice how much of G is in our diet. I keep
on eating it because my allergist tells me to eat ordinarily and note
my complaints.)

Still not sure what to do.

Hartelijke groeten, Nora

* Nora Veldman, Laboratory of Crystal and Structural Chemistry
* Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University.
* (Kruytgebouw, room N828), Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands.
* E-mail: [log in to unmask]
* FAX   : (31)-30-533940         Office : (31)-30-533902