From:
Andrea Otken-Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:40:44 -0400

From my hard-copy letter received  from Kraft foods

List of kraft products that do NOT contain sources of gluten
issue date: July 6, 2000 supersedes: december 2, 1996

based on information and assurances that we have obtained from companies
who supply the ingredients we use in our products, the following
products are made with ingredients that do not contain sources of
gluten. Please continue to CAREFULLY read the ingredient statements on
food labels to obtain the most accurate ingredient information for the
specific products you select at the time of purchase. If wheat is used
as an ingredient, it will always be declared in the ingredient lin.

If a product you are intrested in does not appear on the list, it may
still be appropriate for you to consume. We recommend that you base your
decision on the ingredient line and your personal experience. If you
want to be conservative, assume that a source of gluten MAY BE present.

Powdered Beverages: Unsweetened-Add sugar, Sugar sweetened, sugar free
    Kool-Aid
    Country Time
    Crystal Light
    Tang
    Health Quenchers

Ready to Drink Beverages*-sugar free, sugar sweetened, juice drink

    crystal light
    country time
    kool-aid burst
    capri sun

Freezer bars
    Kool-aid

Dry dessert mix-Jell-O Gelatin
    Gelatin-sugar sweetened and sugar free
    Pudding
        cook and serve-fat free and regular
        instant-fat free and regular
Ready to eat desserts*-Jell-O pudding, Jell-O Cheesecake, Handi snacks,
Jell-O Gelatin, Handi Snacks Gels
    Pudding-fat free and regular
    Gelatin-sugar sweetened and sugar free

Baking and Canning
    Coconut-Baker's cans or bags
    Chocolate-baking squares and chips
        Baker's brand german, semi sweet, white, bitter sweet,
unsweetened, semi-sweet chocolate flavored, milk
    Pectin-dry and liquid
        Sure Jell, Sure Jell for lower sugar recipes, Certo, MCP, Slim Set
    Fruit preservative
        Ever Fresh
    Baking Powder
        Calumet

Tapioca-Minute Tapioca

Dessert Toppings*-Cool Whip and Dream Whip
    Frozen-non-dairy-full fat, Reduced Fat (lite), Fat Free, Extra
Creamy
    Dry mix

Coffee
    roast and ground-Maxwell House, Yuban, Gevalia, Sanka
        regular
        reduced caffeine (lite)
        decaffeinated
    coffee filters-Maxwell House filter packs and filter pack singles
        filter packs-regular and decaffeinated
        coffee bags-regular and decaffeinated
    Instant-Maxwell House, Sanka, Yuban, Maxim
        Regular
        Reduced Caffeine (lite)
        Decaffeinated
    Flavored instant coffee-General Foods International Coffee
        Regular-sugar free and sugar free/fat free
        Decaffeinated-sugar free and sugar free/fat free
    Cappuccino Dry mix-Maxwell House Cappuccino and Iced Cappuccino
        Hot-Regular, decaffeinated, deluxe
        Iced

Rice-Minute Rice, Minute Rice Premium, Boil in Bag
    White
    Brown

Pourable dressings-Seven Seas and Kraft
    regular
Mayonnaise dressings-Kraft
    regular
Dressings-Kraft
    Miracle Whip regular
Cheese-Kraft, Cracker Barrel, Polly-O, Athenos
    Natural cheeses
        cheddar
        brick
        blue
        Feta
        Swiss
        Colby
        Mozzarella
        Ricotta
        Parmesan
        Romano
        Monterey Jack
Cottage Cheese-Breakston and Knudsen
        Regular

Processed Cheese-Kraft Singles and Velveeta
    American
    Cheese Food
    Cheese Spread
    Cheese Product
Cream Cheese (unflavored) Philadelphia
    Regular
Sour Cream-Breakstone and Knudsen
    Regular
Hummus
    Athenos

* Flavors may use alcohols as carriers (ethyl, benzyl)