From:
Kristie Benner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kristie Benner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:34:38 -0700

People seem to be split about the Gluten Sensitivity Supplements. I considered using them to help with a gluten flare up of sorts. I accidentally consumed gluten, and I was looking for somthing that would help not cure me. I try to stay on a gluten-free diet, but accidents happen from time to time, especially when eating out. However, I must say that I increased my dose of probiotics which helped with the diarrhea issue. If you want to learn more about probiotics, I would recommend this book: The Probiotics Revolution by Huffnagle, Gary B. I found this book to be very helpful on improving my diet to help with my gut.

Here are the responses in regards to the Gluten Sensitivity Supplements:

1. There is absolutely no validity to these claims.
Please don't waste your money!

2. I did not look at the link but NOTHING will help if you are celiac except total avoidance of gluten.  Some huckster is always out there with a "remedy" or "cure".  I guess it's possible that if you have an allergy or food sensitivity to wheat there might be some help, but I'd be extremely leery.  Any reputable allergist will tell you that the only thing that works with food allergies is not eating the food.  Period.

As P.T. Barnum used to say, "There's one born every minute" and that's what these folks are counting on. Me personally, I'd use my money to buy gluten-free or wheat-free products. Like Udi's breads, muffins and pizza crusts. They are just like "real". Just my opinion. Do with it as you like.

3. Haven't used it myself but it is the one recommended by Dr. Thomas O'Bryan, who is making tracks explaining the gluten syndrome beyond the celiac subset.  And how to calm the immune system and treat the gut.

4. What are you trying to "handle"?
These are very low dosages of some important nutrients, except for the d3.

I think these look "ok" but would do better getting the higher dosages individually, and then adding a good basic multi, gf of course.

Thanks,
Kristie

*******
*******