From:
Liesa Abrams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liesa Abrams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:20:10 -0400

Just to share with the group--I'm someone who always answers the question of what food I miss most without missing a beat: pizza. I know these days we're lucky to have so many restaurants offering GF pizzas, and it's great to have the option, but being in the NYC area what I miss is that real pizzeria style pizza. (In fact, my husband teases me that I miss "bad" pizza as opposed to the "good" quality pizza with fresh mozzarella, gourmet style toppings, etc. --I want the grease and brown bubbling cheese!) Often what the restaurants offer is either this gourmet kind of pizza (delicious, but satisfies a different type of craving), or something that still tastes on par with the kind of frozen GF pizza we can make at home. Again, I'm always grateful for the option, but still miss that classic slice experience.

Anyway, on a recent trip up to Newport, RI we stopped in Norwich, CT at Engine No. 6 pizza since I'd seen a review online that said "you can't miss this gf pizza."  Just wanted to let anyone out there who misses the same kind of pizza that I miss know that this place really does live up to that--the top of the pizza looked and tasted just like the pizzeria style pizza I miss!

No financial stake in the company outside of wanting them to stay in business so I can return and have more pizza someday. :)

Liesa