From:
Karin Spady <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karin Spady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 21:02:33 -0800

My husband and daughter just came back from a trip they made and told
me about a small cafe they had eaten at for lunch. It was called the
"Blackbird Bakery" on 210 Winslow Way E with the phone number
206-780-1322. They just happened across it and found out they served
Gluten Free soup and bread, as well as different desserts. What a
find!

I haven't called to verify if everything they make and serve is GF,
but they were asked if they wanted GF rolls or wheat rolls with their
soup, so this bakery definitely is aware of the difference. Maybe
they just buy the wheat rolls - I'll have to check it out. If anyone
has been there, or calls before I have a chance to, let me know.

It's always great to find another place to eat that seems to know and
serve great GF food. Both the vegetable soup and the potato soup were
excellent according to my husband and daughter, albeit the vegetable
soup maybe was a little too spicy (their thoughts) :)

Karin