From:
Jean Shott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Shott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:51:55 -0500

A recent poster listed food from Bob Evans that were gluten-free.  One of those foods was the "fruit and yogurt" plate.  The yogurt contains MODIFIED FOOD STARCH.  I didn't know that and reacted when I ate it.

The food list states "no wheat, rye or barley", but apparently Bob Evans is not familiar with the nuances of food sources.  Also on their list were:

Lite Ranch Dressing - contains modified food starch

Oil and Vinegar dressing - contains malt vinegar

Thousand Island Dressing - contains "pickle relish" - not defined

Hot Bacon dressing - contains modified food starch

Omelets - Hollandaise Sauce contains modified food starch

Mush - not fried in dedicated fryer

French Fries - not fried in dedicated fryer.

So, once again, we must always be careful.

Jean
Copley, Ohio USA