From:
goalieootttaA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:22:40 -0800

Hi all,

I have found lately that the more trouble I take to be GF when eating in
resteraunts the more trouble I have with my diet.  Initially a bit of
gluten wouldn't make me that sick, now even a few grains of it (almost
inevitable in resteraunts even after careful explanation to the person who
is ordering your food) make me extremely ill.  I imagine this is a
function of the gut healing and absorbing more of the gluten molecules as
you are increasingly faithful to the diet.  How does one ensure a GF diet
(I was on holiday and didn't take enough GF food with me, never mind the
trials of keeping GF provisions cold on a 4 hour journey!).  MSG is
particularly bad.  It has become incapacitating and is used in so many
places.  How do you folks cope when travelling?  Any advice is much
appreciated as I will be doing a lot more travelling in the summer.  What
should one say to the server or is eating in reteraunts just a bad idea?

Thanks,
Lissy