From:
cheryl leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cheryl leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:26:36 -0400
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

My daughter is having her graduation from elementary school next week and
afterward they are having a party where cake is the main feature. I was
planning on bringing a gluten free cake for her, but was thinking that it
looks so homemade, that she will stil feel like she is missing out on a
treat that everyone else can have.

So I had the idea of going to my local bakery and asking if I brought in
gluten free cake layers could they decorate it for me (and keep it away from
touching any flour of course). The owner said yes and she had heard of
celiac disease. I am so happy that my daughter can feel like everyone else,
just taking a piece of cake that looks like it came from a bakery.

I thought I would let everyone know of this option if you can find a
cooperative bakery.

Cheryl