Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:23:12 EST

Hello All!

Here is a summary of LA restaurants (I asked for those in the vicinity  of
Westwood or Santa Monica) and bakeries.  The good news is a  new bakery in
Culver City named The Sensitive Baker!

From Nancy:

You are in luck.  Take a look at www.thesensitivebaker.com web  site.  This
bakery is in Culver City, not far from the Westwood/West LA  area ...and it
is truly a treasured spot for a celiac.  Their offerings are  tops.  Don't miss
the bread sticks, muffins, focaccia...just
everything  they make is delicious.  The chocolate cupcakes and cake are
among the  best I've ever eaten.  They also make pizza and other luncheon
items.  It's good to contact the bakery before a visit.  It's a  popular
spot, I've found, and they often sell out.

Disneyland is truly the happiest place on earth. Do yourself a favor
and call Disneyland after you look at their site. You will receive a
call back from the head chef who will then tell you which chefs to ask
for at each place.When you arrive, right near the entrance (Main
Street I believe) you'll be able to pick up a full list of
restaurants, which foods are there and again who the chef is at each
stop. It will even break down snacking spots, too. I had a pizza and
the chef came out to find out what I wanted on it all the while
telling me she would personally start with untouched veggies and cut
I'm a diff area. Imagine the joy of them totally getting it!!!
Gina

We were just at Disneyland so I can tell you with confidence that
they  have list of all of the GF items at the concessions.  You can pick
up  the list at City Hall when you get there.  I had called ahead of time
to  get info on what was GF and the woman I spoke to told me to get the
list when  I got there and it worked out great.  We didn't eat at any of
the sit  down restaurants but my understanding is that if you call ahead
24 hrs and  make a reservation and tell them you need a GF meal they will
go all  out.
Katie

All Disneyland hotels and many restaurants offer  GF.  You can pick up a
printed list at City  Hall.
Myrtice

I forget the name of the restaurant, but you can get GF Italian  in
Brentwood. If you can search the archives for Los Angeles, I posted  about
this restaurant in September or October.
Selena

Frito Misto on 6th and Colorado is another one with GF pasta.  Please
summarize if you find any that I have not mentioned.

If you are into high end eating like a pre fixe meal at $55.00, on La
Cienega there is a Brazilian Restaurant what is awesome.  The rolls they  serve are
GF and fabulous.

San Gennarro restaurant on Barrington Place is about 15 minutes or less  from
Westwood and they are very gluten savvy.  They carry two different  types of
GF pastas and know to cook in clean water, etc.  On Westwood Blvd  is a
wonderful middle eastern place called Sharazad which has the best lamb  chops in the
world and you can eat almost anything there but the bread.   They do not use
flour in things.

The Whole Foods store night near campus has a big supply of GF baked  goods.
You won't have a problem in this part of town.  Everyone is on  some kind of
diet and the restaurants are respectful of that.  RC

Thank you to all!  We are planning to go to the bakery tomorrow.   By the
way, they are open from 10 to 2 at this time for retail sales.

Roselyn