Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:15:40 -0400

We had a very bad dining out experience at Bennigan's recently, and wanted
to warn others.  It was very difficult to find ANYTHING gf on the menu.  The
menu specified their nachos were made with "corn chips" but upon inquiry we
discovered they were not pure corn.  The fries were unsafe as they were
cooked in fryer with breaded chicken.  The rice pilaf contained wheat flour,
and they were unable to cook plain rice separately for us (we have been in
many restaurants where they were happy to just cook us up some rice).

My celiac daughter finally ate plain steak. There simply was nothing else on
the menu for her (Unfortunately my kids won't eat baked potatoes).  Luckily
I had rice crackers, juice boxes, and treats out in the car.  (I travel with
plastic boxes of emergency food tucked under the car seats at all times).

My celiac son was able to order a hot dog, since the menu specified it was
an Oscar Meyer hotdog.  Although we ordered it without a bun, they brought
it out nestled in a plateful of those contaminated french fries.  We had to
send it a back for a new one.  The waitress was fortunately very kind about
running back and forth to kitchen with our questions....but the kitchen was
just unable to be accomodating in any way.  (To top it all off, my sweet
mother-in-law, who doesn't speak English real well, then started feeding my
son fries off of her plate because she didn't understand they were
contaminated).  Not a great evening.....

We won't be going back to Bennigan's in this lifetime!  Take care, Lynn