Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 11:20:07 -0700

As this matter might be of interest to other celiacs, I am fwding my answer to Susan, FYI.

I have not tried Sensodyne but I will answer your question #3.

I dislike the taste and texture of all toothpaste so I asked my dental hygienist if there is any alternative.  She suggested Tooth Soap.  (Sounds revolting!)  She said that one of her friends is using it and there is a marked improvement in the health of her gums and teeth.  She also told me that the fluoride in toothpaste increases the problem of receding gums.
It is only available online so I decided to try it.

It is a carefully made pure soap that is almost tasteless.  It comes in a little jar like face cream does and is shredded.  You put one or two shreds on a very wet toothbrush and rub it across the outside of your teeth to foam it up.  The first two or three days I didn't like it much but didn't dislike it as much as the gooey, sweet toothpastes on the market.

I have been using it now for a couple of months - one jar will last forever - and the slight taste does not bother me at all.  It comes in three 'flavours' like cinnamon and peppermint but they are very subtle.

Tooth Soap combined with the water pic, also recommended by my dental hygienist, and plain floss makes my teeth feel cleaner than they ever have and has no danger of ingesting gluten.  A swish of Listerine complete the routine.

I have no relationship with this company - just a satisfied customer.  Just google 'tooth soap' and you will find this product.

FWIW

Jessie