From:
Christine Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christine Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:22:12 -0600

Hello! First I want to say what an incredible resource this listserv has
been since I was diagnosed with CD 2 weeks ago and thank all of you for the
great support and insight I have received from the postings.  That being
said, I have always been a huge bread lover (it was quite the staple in my
previous diet) and am having a difficult time going without.  I've tried
some of the loaves you can buy at health stores and frankly can't even get
them down my throat let alone stomach them.  Does anyone have a good recipe
for any type of bread that goes down a bit easier?  I've always loved all
kinds of wheat bread (unfortunately for me) and would like to find a recipe
that I can use for things like sandwiches and french toast (my favorite
breakfast meal!)  I've found great alternatives for my other food passions,
but within talking to others I know who are Celiacs, I'm quite dissapointed
to hear that they have essential given up bread.  I love all types of bread
and am not picky as to what kind I eat (as long as it doesn't feel like I'm
eating a sponge!).  I know it's difficult to make bread without gluten but
am hoping perhaps you guys can help!  I will summarize and appreciate any
input given.  Thank you all!
Christine