From:
Agnes Mikesh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:03:17 EDT

Dear Listmates:

Sorry I am so late in replying to the many who wrote.  I have had several
doctor appointments and the issue of the white stools is a result of
inadvertantly getting into quite a lot of gluten.  I have been able to use ground flax
seed for bulk and we got ahold of a brand that was ground in the same machine as
flour...yuk.   Of course, it has taken quite a while for me to return to
somewhat normal.  I say somewhat normal because ever since then I have a second
problem...dark urine at times and at times it is whiteish.   After a urine test
found out I had a severe infection but had no pain to even know it.  The
infection was coming from higher up the doctor said.  A liver, kidney, and
gallbladder ultrasound showed everything to be clear.  After a round of anti-biotics a
urine test showed  I still had the infection and now have blood in my urine.
They did a Cat scan today...it showed nothing.   Now, we are on to checking if
I have the same disease that caused my brother to loose his kidneys....IgA
Nephrotraphy.  A kidney disorder caused by deposits of the protein
immunoglobulin A (IgA) inside the glomeruli (filters) within the kidney.
Thank you all for your input.  It was good to know there is support out
there. Prayers would be great.
Aggie

One person said they had giardia which causes white stools.
One questioned how much soy or milk I am drinking.....very little.
Two suggested fat malabsorbtion.
One had food poisoning.
Several said it was probably an indication of liver or gallbladder problems.