From:
G&D Durak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
G&D Durak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:05:19 -0600

Hello everyone,

This is Denise.  I have anti-gliadin anti-bodies, no damage to villa, no HLA, DQ 2 and 8.  So, I have gluten intolerance.  Have not checked HLA DQ 1 and 3 yet.

Ok, so I have been on this page on and off for a couple of years.  I have concluded I have gluten intolerance and maybe that is or maybe that isn't Celiac Disease -- I get sick when I eat it and better (but not well) when I stop.

My new question is this:  I have now been diagnosed with insulin resistance, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, C reactive protein. Ihad none of these one year ago.  I have so many food intolerances now that my diet is very few calories and even though I excersize I gain weigh with a vengence (not eating gluten free cookies or pasta either).  So my question for  you -- I am wondering if I have insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome?  These are all auto-immune disorders/disease.  Does anyone here have same -- and/or does anyone think that these are related to gluten intolerance? I suppose growing older could account for a portion, but all do seem to be auto-immune based.  So maybe gluten intolerance and not just celiac disease can break down these other organs?

Any comments appreciated.

ALso, can anyone recommened a good Vitamin D supplement (no gluten, dairy, soy, corn, oil)?

Denise