From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:36:01 +1000

Hi

Well I thought I would go check out the salads in my local Mc Donalds.

The girl I spoke to was very helpful, she tried hard to answer my questions, gave me some leaflets and referred me to their website.
Here is what I discovered.

According to the leaflet the Garden Mixed Salad contains"...lettuce leaves tossed together with Bega So Light shredded cheese, juicy slices of tomato, a crunchy mix of cabbage, carrot and refreshing cucumber dressed with your choice of low fat dressing"
According to www.mcdonalds.com.au this contains no gluten. The French Dressing & Italian Dressing also contains no gluten.
According to the leaflet the Roast Chicken Salad contains " ....roasted breast chicken, an exotic mix of crispy lettuce, sweetened dried cranberries, juicy bite sized pieces of tomato and crispy bagel chips all tossed together & dressed with your choice of low fat dressings."
According to the above web site this salad contains Gluten. However the girl I spoke to at my local restaurant said they can make the salad especially for you with or without ingredients you wish.

I found them helpful and at least I know now should I ever need a salad in a hurry.  Personally I prefer not to eat out at fast food restaurants, but my husband non celiac does like to occasionally eat there.

Christina