From:
Tracy Seagren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Seagren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:24:18 -0500

I was at a new restaurant in our area who boasts a wonderful gluten
free pizza & brownie.  They also serve gluten items.  Anyway, their
pizza & brownie (and Redbridge!) were awesome, but unfortunately, I
had a wicked reaction a few hours later that resembled my typical
reactions to gluten.  I had a reaction similar about a year ago (I've
been gf for 10) to something which I found out later was "gluten
free", but made with millet.  This pizza crust was also made with
millet.  I always thought that millet was on the unsafe list, but this
restaurant was sure it was gf AND millet is listed on the safe list at
celiac.com (I checked the website as I was looking at the menu), so I
gave it a try.  Afterward, I called the restaurant owner (who we
talked with at length the night we ate there), to try to figure out
what it may have been & couldn't come up with an answer.  He was
really sweet and helpful, but also guessed that I may have an
intolerance to millet.  Anyway, I'm trying to figure what happened.  I
really want to eat there again, but now I'm freaked about it.  Any
thoughts??
Tracy S.
Barrington, IL