From:
Heather Cline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:59:18 EDT

Hi all,

I originally posted asking if anyone had experienced sprue like symptoms
after eating Hellman's Mayonnaise.  I have eaten for all 3 years since I was
diagnosed without any problem.  However, the last few times I have eaten it,
it has made me sick.  I asked if others experienced similar problems.

I received 14 responses.  As of July 17, 2000, the company confirmed that
Hellman's Mayonnaise is gluten free.  On the personal experience side: 8 of
14 reported becoming sick after eating Hellman's mayonaise; 6 reported no
problems.  Of the 8 who became sick, several noted having problems only
recently.  It was also suggested that the oil or preservatives may be causing
the problems.

One suggested making homemade mayonnaise using oil, egg, apple cider vinegar,
sugar and a vertical hand blender.  I think I will take her up on this idea!

I appreciate everyone who responded.

Heather
Oklahoma City
USA