From:
JSchroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:36:22 -0700

Please read this:
**First here is what I am writing to the person who sent me the company's
response.  Then there is the email she got from the company.  You can all
decide for yourselves.  I have a signed paper letter stating that one of
their flavors is NOT gf, and that they don't wash between flavors.   Signed
by Madeline Rose, General Manager of Grainaissance.  THIS IS THE LAST TIME I
Will be posting or responding regarding this issue.**

Their message to you absolutely does not clear this up.  The dates in
Cashew-Date flavor Mochi are coated in Oat Flour.  I got this from them in a
letter I recieved TWO DAYS AGO.  I also got this same info from them a year
ago.  Like I wrote yesterday in my post, I am only the messenger, so don't
blame me.  I will even scan in this letter from them, signed in pen.  They
do not wash their production lines between flavors and one flavor is NOT NOT
NOT gluten free.  Perhaps the person who wrote you doesn't understand that
OAT FLOUR is glutinous.

If you want to take the risk and eat it, go right ahead.  But being that the
last time I had gluten I had to have an IV put in to my jugular vein because
my arm veins had clots from extreme dehydration and I was on a heart monitor
(I am 22 years old), I will NOT be taking this risk.

I am sorry to be so forceful with you, but to me this is LIFE and DEATH.  I
have written 3 emails to the list regarding this, and it seems no one has
read those, but wants to blame me anyway.  I have double confirmed this info
with Grainaissance.  No offense, but I refuse to continue this conversation
any longer.  If anyone has problems with what Grainaissance is doing PLEASE
take it up with them.   All I can say from now on is that I will NOT be
eating their Mochi.