From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:08:00 -0500

I've just read a message from Jody about always carrying Alka Selzer Gold
with her to deal with reactions. A great idea. I've done that for years,
but have had so few reactions in the past five years I didn't need to use
the tablets.  Then, two years ago, I was fed something at a doctor's house
that was supposed to be  gluten-free (he was the cook!) and had a reaction.
(It was caused by a stupid seasoning he used in the chicken.)  I took the A
K G and got sicker.  Two days later I read the dates on the little packets
that were still in my suitcase and realized that they were past the date on
the package, so I caution all of you to check the dates on your Alka Selzer
packets once in a while, and throw out the ones that are outdated.

Gayle Kennedy