From:
Ellen Asher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellen Asher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 13:02:53 -0800

I spent $30 (including shipping) to try a new brand of gluten-free cookie, made in a dedicate gluten-free facility. The website and packaging are beautiful. The cookies look so pretty. And then we tried them. Each cookie came individually packaged and required scissors to open the packet. I put one cookie of each flavor, little sandwich cookies with apricot jam or raspberry, chocolate with vanilla filling and a honey ginger on a plate and cut each one into quarters. The apricot one tasted stale. The raspberry jam was good but the cookie was like eating cardboard. The chocolate was passable, but not great. And as for the soft honey ginger one, well instead of looking golden like on the box, it was gray and the taste was indescribably nasty, probably due to the orange peel and cloves. It was so bad that I just couldn't believe it and started laughing - the kind of rolling belly laugh that would not stop for well over 5 minutes. I chuckled all day long. And to top it off, it was the most expensive of the lot at $8. OMG. So of course I emailed a detailed review to the company in Florida and today I got their response, in part: “We can not refund as there is nothing wrong with the product - just a dislike of the texture and taste.”  Well, guess what, when it comes to cookies or just about anything else edible, texture and taste are everything.  Since according to them, they have lots of happy customers and just to prove there were no hard feelings, they were willing to send me some of their other flavors (kiwi lychee - I think not!). Buy their cookies at your own peril: Nostalgic Cookies LLC.

If anyone has tried them, please let me know.

*******
*******