From:
Sharon Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:01:01 -0600

Research, research, research--doesn't that sound good?  We want to be a
part of helping research for CD so that generations after us can have a
better life or maybe a cure.  Topeka Celiac Support Group is sponsoring,
in conjunction with the University of Maryland Center for Celiac
Research, the Multi-Center Serological Screening Study to determine the
prevalence of CD in the United States.  Even one with CD can be tested
to determine the compliancy with the diet.

When/where:  April 29, 2000, at the Stormont-Vail Pozez Education
Center, 1505 SW 8th Street, Topeka, KS.  Testing will be from 9:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.

Program:  An informational program will take place during this time.  A
gastroenterologist will speak from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.; a dietitian from
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.; break from 11:00 - 11:15 a.m.; Support group member
will speak from 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 noon on "living with CD day-to-day";
and a panel of support members will share their experiences from 12:00
noon to 1:00 p.m.  NURSES CAN EARN CE's FOR ATTENDING!

We not only want individuals to take part in the testing research, but
we want individuals to come to the workshop to learn more, to show the
medical people we are interested in what happens to us, etc.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO RSVP!  We must order the materials from the
University of Maryland.  Please RSVP by April 1 so we have time to order
and receive these materials.  Call one of the following:
Ruth Gogolski @ 785-273-9769; Sharon Larson @ 785-379-0479
or you may e-mail Ruth @ [log in to unmask]; Sharon @

Come and join us.  Topeka isn't that far away from all of Kansas,
Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma.  Please RSVP soon.  Make a difference in
research for CD.

Sharon in Topeka, KS