From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2011 23:57:00 -0400

I haven't been to a Lone Star Steakhouse in several years, because they closed the ones near my home.   But today, after walking out of a Denny's in Deepwater, NJ, that never heard of gluten (!), we stopped for lunch at the Lone Star in New Castle, DE, and found they were very comfortable with handling gluten-free.

I wrote to the Lone Star corporate site to convey how pleased I was with our server and the experience.  If you happened to be in New Castle, DE on Dupont Hwy, ask for a server named John, (he was great), although the way the hostess handled my request for a gf menu (very well), I have a feeling they know what they're doing there.

John said that he assembles the salad for me and he checked with me to see what he could include...and he brought up that he will put on clean gloves for me...and he'll be sure that no fried onions or croutons get near it. He understood that he could only give me salad vegetables that weren't contaminated.  He knew what questions to ask and handled it graciously.

Denny's loss was Lone Star's gain.