From:
Michele Kratzmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 09:44:26 EDT

After struggling with a gluten free diet for about three months now,
things are becoming much easier but I still have some questions about
some products:

1) I read in a past Tots to Teens note, about Nutrios (GF equivalent
to Cheerios) made in Canada.  Is this product still available and
GF?  My 2 1/2 yr old son keeps asking for Cheerios and it breaks my
heart to have to keep saying no.  A relative of a friend of mine is
planning a trip and if they are alright, then I will ask them to bring
me some to see if my son likes them.

2) I have the TriCounty Shoppers Guide and unfortunately, I am
not able to find any of the hot dogs listed in there in any of the
stores here.  Does anyone have any information or any of the other
brands -- Esskay, Oscar Mayer etc.?

3) Since I have learned that products that I originally thought
to be safe may have hidden glutens, I am now checking the labels
for everything.  One thing that my kids drink alot of in the summer
is Kool Aid.  Does anyone know if it is GF?

4) Finally, is the fast food issue.  What places are best?  I am
correct in assuming that where ever I go that the meat patties
are GF or do they contain fillers?  I know that I have to be careful
about fries--so which places (Wendy's, BK (if not in one of their
trial areas), etc) has anyone checked out?

THANKS for any info.

Michele -- [log in to unmask]