From:
Loretta Jay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Loretta Jay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:11:15 -0400

Join the Greater New Haven Celiac Group for an informal get-together of celiacs and their friends and families at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport on Saturday, August 7th (Raindate: August 8th). Everyone is welcome! The Stepanskiy family will arrive early and reserve space. This will be a nice time to hang-out and get to know each other. And. we'll also have a special recognition for the children who participated in and obtained pledges for the walkathon.

For those not familiar with Sherwood Island, it has a nice combination of sandy beach, shaded picnic area, grassy fields for ball playing, boardwalk and field trails for hiking and bird watching. In addition, the memorial for Connecticut residents who were killed during on 9/11 is also there.

What to Bring: Bring your bathing suit, sand toys, Frisbees and other outdoor games, and of course, lunch. Also, don't forget a blanket or chairs to sit on, towels, sun block (if you'll be in the sun), binoculars and walking shoes if you are a bird watcher.

Directions: I-95 to exit 18. (If coming from NY, turn right off ramp; if coming from New Haven, turn left off ramp.) Head south on the exit 18 connector. Continue straight into the park. Park near West Beach (it is towards the right as you enter the park). We will be in a shaded picnic area near West Beach.

There is a $9.00 fee per car for Connecticut registered vehicles. Additional information about the park, including a map and other interesting tidbits, can be found at: http://dep.state.ct.us/stateparks/parks/sherwood.htm#map.

If you have any questions, contact Loretta at [log in to unmask] If the weather is questionable, call 203/372-8721 on the morning of August 7th.