From:
"~Hodges*House~" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
~Hodges*House~
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:59:08 -0800

I was overwhelmed and humbled by the awesome response to my post-thank you one and all...here it is as best as I can remember it :)

Italian Sausage/Rice Stuffing

3c Brown Rice
1/2-1c Wild Rice
2-4 Mild Italian Sausage Casings
5 1/2 c Water
1 TB Butter
1 TB Oil
2-3 TB Chicken Soup Mix (I use the Nutrimax Brand)
1-2 Stalks of Celery-finely chopped
1 med Onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves of Garlic finely chopped(or to taste~we Love garlic!)
1 bunch Parsley chopped -you may not want to use the whole bunch
Salt/Pepper to taste

Add rice, water, 1 TB Butter, 2-3 TB Soup Base, "some" parsley to your rice cooker or sauce pan, usually cooks for about 45 minutes; set aside.

Melt 1 TB butter & 1 TB oil in skillet, when melted add garlic and swirl in the butter/oil mix; add onion, and sauté on med-low until soft, add celery, sauté until soft (onions will be translucent, add "some" parley and swirl around until parsley is limp(not long) Add salt and pepper her are desired. Set aside in another container.

Using the same skillet, remove the sausage casings and brown so it doesn't get too "crispy" Break into small, crumbled pieces as it cooks. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, mix well, adjust seasoning to taste, cover and let the seasonings "meld" for 15-30 minutes

Stuff your bird of choice~or bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until it "looks" ready...*Enjoy*  Happy Holidays~Susan