From:
"Bory R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 10:49:04 -0500

On -11-16 12:46:11 EST Lisa wrote

:I too have found the Chinese grocery to have far cheaper flours.  Be :aware,
:however, that Asian white rice flour is generally _much_ finer than :the
:Ener-G or Arrowhead Farms types of flour. This is fine (and it makes
:wonderful cakes, e.g.) but these flours may absorb liquids more and thus the
:recipe may need to be altered a bit.

Lisa, as almost an beginner in baking, I have found that most of the breads I
have made using Asian white rice flour just do not come out right. Yours is
the first mention I can remember that might explain why. You indicate
altering the recipe. Can you give me some hints?  I use Asian Tapioca, Potato
Starch, and  along with United States Corn Starch in my Pasta machine and
have no trouble following the Hagman recipe exactly. Cakes and breads are
another story. Thanks much for any suggestions.  Boris Rapport