From:
Laurie Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 08:19:25 EST

This is the email I sent to Glutino, the company which makes Sans  Gluten
Fiber Free bread.  Although the letter was sent a week ago, I  have had no reply.
Has anyone else experienced a problem with their  products?

I am Celiac and have maintained a gluten free diet for 35 years. I  purchased
Sans Gluten Free fiber bread from Whole Foods in Princeton New Jersey.  I ate
two slices about two weeks ago and several hours later got really sick,
(nausea, vomiting  diarrhea, and chills). Although I suspected the bread  might of
been the culprit, I decided to give it another shot. I again ate two  slices
yesterday, and several hours later I went through the same ordeal, only
worse. It lasted about 8 hours. Since on both days, the only thing I ingested
which was new was the bread, I have to assume something was wrong with it.

I also have a bag of your bagels which I have eaten without ill effects.

I seldom get the symptoms I've described. The last time was several years
ago, when I decided to try eating oatmeal. I also tried that a second time and
had the same unpleasant result. I assumed that either I can't eat oats
(although  it's now considered safe for a celiac) or it was contaminated with gluten.
Of  course, I have never eaten oats in any form again.

I assume that since I've been gluten free for so many years, I've become
super sensitive to it.
It's important that I know if it's  possible that your bread could  have been
contaminated with gluten. If not, was something else in it that could  make
me ill? Although I did keep it frozen as directed, could it have spoiled  (it
was dated Oct.05) The only number I could find on the plastic tag is  HO18.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

I am not looking for legal action or anything like that. I would like to
continue using your products, but am now understandably afraid to do so. Also, I
thought you should know of my experience.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Laurie Levine