From:
Amy Kravitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 18:43:43 EST

HI to group,

  A few days ago, I posted information about GF foods at Friendly's  chain
restaurants in response to another user's query.( I think they are based
mostly in the NE).

   I am supposed to add any messages I got from other users concerning this
topic.

   I only received one message from another member of this group, and she
unfortunately had a bad experience with the restaurant.  She is on the GF
diet, and she was assured by two waitpeople that the dish she ordered was GF,
whereas to her dismay later on,  she found out it was not GF. I have eaten
there a lot previous to my GF life, and I have found that most of the
employees there are kids. They are most likely not up on dietary needs, food
intolerances, etc.

   Her recommendation and mine as well, is to call the 1-800 number for
Friendly's restaurants if you contemplate eating there. I called them last
week and got good reception from them. The one thing which may be of concern
to CD folks is that all foods GF and non GF, are cooked on the same grill.
Many of the ice cream flavors, I found out were indeed GF, so that may be the
way to go for folks who are leery of having a bad resultant reaction.

   Thanks,
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]