From:
Jack and Laurie Tepe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 14:34:04 -0500

Dear List Members:
This is the summary on the responses to my #2 question about a definition
for adenovirus.  Just three responses.

1. My Borland's Medical Pocket Dictionary says "adenovirus is any of a large
group of viruses causing disease of the upper respiratory tract and
conjunctiva, and also present in latent infections in normal persons; many
induce malignancy."

2. I've heard of it, and it goes along with the idea that a virus triggers
onset of arthritis in people with the genetic makeup for it.  Have you read
'The Coming Plague'?  It sounds frightening, and in fact, it is, but also
very interesting.  It's about emerging pathogens.  Seems to me the virus you
mentioned might have been addressed in that book.

I was wondering whether candida might work as a trigger, if in fact triggers
are involved in celiac.

3. Adenovirus is a group of respiratory viruses that cause a flu-like
illness.

There is a lot not known about viruses, and so who knows if being infected
with adenovirus can contribute to CD if a person is predisposed?  I've never
heard of this, but....