Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 16:05:59 -0400

My 14 year old daughter diagnosed 12/93 with Celiac received nutrition by
TPN, from 5/94 to 2/95 and her constipation is a major problem.  Prior to
that since she was ten she had constipation problems, but was controled by
metamusal.  Now her colon is weak and she does not have any BM's.  We are now
trying very small meals and lactulose 3x daily and metamusal 3x daily at
alternating times.  She has not gained any weight in four years and now on
the diet since 12/93 she is still only 76 lbs and 5' tall.  She has more
stamina, but also has hypoglycemia interferring with her energy level.
She also has many food allergies, such as the protein in dairy products,
shell fish, fats, egg yolks...We know she follows the diet, in fact our
entire home is gluten free and safe for her.  Does anyone have any
recommendations for her constipation problem and lack of muscle gain?
                                  Linda in R.I.