From:
brenda laird <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
brenda laird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:55:05 -0700

My daughter wants to go on her 8th grade field trip to Washington, DC in June '08.  They will be staying at the Crystal City Hyatt Hotel.

  Breakfast will be from the breakfast buffet at the hotel.  Concern is even if they do have some gluten free items on the buffet cross contamination becomes an issue because food served buffet style.

  To my knowledge at this point lunch will be at Pentagon Mall Food Court and the Ronald Reagan Building Food Court.

  Dinner will be at Potbelly one night, Magill's Famous Pizza & Buffet one night, and Phillips Flagship Seafood Buffet one night.

  Does anyone from that area know if any of these places can offer her gluten free food?  Or does anyone have any experience with a child going on an overnight field trip like this and needing to eat gluten free?  Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  I'm kind of overwhelmed by the whole thing at this point!

  Brenda