From:
Saskia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:52:39 -0500

Dear Listmates,

I received a response from Helios Kefir stating that all flavors of their
kefir are gluten free. I also queried about the lack of a gluten-free label
on their bottles (which they formerly had but took off 'due to space
constraints'), and they responded they will put the label back on.  I
bought their product only because I noticed the gluten-free label....I hope
in the future more companies will get on the labeling bandwagon (what the
heck...the words 'gluten-free' taking up too much space on the label? If it
helps sell the stuff that reasoning is beyond me!)

Enjoy (btw kefir is supposedly better than yoghurt in terms of acidopholus
content, and I believe Helios also adds FOS which is food for the little
critters....I don't work for em, just love to get a good dose of the
beasties every day!)

Saskia
I have been off the list for a while so if someone else already sent out a
like email I apologize for the redundancy

Hi Saskia
One more thing: yes, our flavored kefirs are also gluten-free.
regards.  I would like to repeat that our ingredients suppliers have
confirmed to us that all ingredients are gluten-free. Thanks for your
interest in our kefir.
George

Hi Saskia
Thanks for your note.  We took the "gluten-free" mark off the label due to
space constraints on the label, but this was probably a mistake in view of
your email and others like it.  We will put it back on the next priniting of
the labels, probably in six months or so.  Thank-you for your comments. And,
we appreciate your enjoyment of our kefir!
kind regards
George