From:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:46:48 -0500

I received one new reply, as follows:
My wife and I have stayed in Bonaire several times, she has celiac, the
situation is about the same as the USA (food wise) I do suggest the Driftwood
Restaurant for a great meal. I also suggest Richard's restaurant, on the water.

Everyone in Bonaire speaks English so you will have no problem with
communicating. You will love the island.

The other reply referred me to a previous summary (July '03) on Bonaire. It included the following:

Now, for Bonaire.  I was told the language shouldn't be a problem, but =
in a few of the smaller restaurants, some translation might come in =
handy.  So, I printed off the celiac card in Dutch & Spanish to take =
along.  One of the restaurants that was highly recommended is "It Rains =
Fishes."  It is on the water & the owners are fairly fluent in English.  =
"De Tuin" is downtown and their food came recommended as fresh and =
excellent.  On the same street as De tuin, about 1/2 block towards the =
water is a cafe that is owned by an American woman and they have great =
breakfasts.  Her husband, the cook, is Dutch, but she is able to =
translate.  "The Blue Moon" is also on the water, closer to the town =
dock - mostly Spanish speaking.  The language might be a problem, but =
the fish is fresh and wonderful.  Inland, "Roses Restaurant" is also =
"awesome and very inexpensive, and they sometimes have live local music, =
but everyone there is Spanish-speaking."    The Cultimara is the main =
grocery store downtown and they have a lot of typical American food, as =
well as a lot of Dutch and Indian food.  The fresh veggies and fruit =
aren't so great, but there is a lot of canned food.

Nancy