Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:12:57 EDT

I got around 15 responses to my question which was how many of you have or
have had high C-Reactive Protein levels.  Mine are extremely high.

8 people responded that they too have very high CRP levels despite all
their other blood work being normal

2 people responded that their levels came down after going GF.

2 people said their's was never elevated.

A few people listed other conditions that had made theirs high in the past
(i.e. Lyme Disease), and one person was working with a Rhumetologist and
brought  their levels from high back to normal.

I am NOT a DR or an expert, but a few people asked what the relevance of
high CRP levels are.  From my limited knowledge, high levels of C-Reactive
Protein in the blood is an indicator of inflammation in the body.  Some  feel
it is an indicator for heart disease especially when accompanied by other
factors.  Some feel it is just hereditary.  In my case, all my blood  work
has been well within the normal range for years, but the CRP level hasn't
gone down at all.  Although I'm fairly young (45) and healthy, it's been
suggested I see a Cardiologist to do a Cardiac Calcium Screening which is an x
ray that tests the walls of the artery of the heart.

Thanks all!!

*******
*******