From:
Jill Tongen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:16:45 -0700

More breakfast ideas that are gf, dairyfree, corn and grain free,
nightshade vege free, egg and yeast free...

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

Jill/Texas

1.  I have added an enzyme made completely from vegetables.  I got it in
a health food/organic store, although I think you might find others. I
was really very skeptical that this could make a difference, but it
really has.  Another thing I use quite a bit is tahimi.  It is sesame
paste.  I add water, a little olive oil, lemon juice, (to taste, but I
add quite a bit,) and garlic, again to taste.  It should come out
somewhat in the consistency of a salad dressing.  Then I pour it on cold
rice, and eat it any time.  It is very tasty and contains protein and
carbos. You could eat it over other things, like hummus, salad,
vegetables, and get the protein.

2.  rice flour pancakes? They are very easy to  make. You mix rice flour
with water to make a batter then drop quarter cups of it into a small
frying pan with a bit of oil in it.Turn when one side is cooked. When
it's ready you can add honey/sugar and lemon, or sugar and fruit or even
savoury veg like beansprouts.

3.  Twice-Rice (Erewhon), if you could find a milk substitute -- I've
heard pple use coconut milk. Maybe that or goat's milk.   I think that
coconut milk is really coconut not dairy.  I slice up a peach on top.
That cereal is in health food stores, and I think is only rice and rice-
products.

4.  plant yourself a garden and grow Apios americana, there are larger
sized roots available now.  Also Jeruselem artichokes.

5.  puffed rice from the health food store with soy milk is a good
choice, with some blueberries, banana, etc.

6.  Are Ener-G foods rice nuts gluten free?  They are tiny, crunchy,
cereal-like balls of rice.  They might be good as a cereal with fruit.

7.  peanut butter (only a little) on rice cake in the a.m.

8.  stew pears , mash them into small pieces or puree them  and eat with
rice flakes.

9.  Gudrun's Crispy Rice Cereal (like Rice Krispies) - Kinnikinnick and
GF Trading Co.

Health Valley Rice Crunch-Ems Cereal (like Rice Chex)
Cocoa Dyno-Bites (like Cocoa Krispies) by Malt-O-Meal
Bacon, Gf sausage
Peanut Butter and/or jelly on rice cakes
Peanut Butter on apples
Cream of Rice Cereal
You can use rice or almond or soy milk on your cereals.
Food for Life Rice Bread (frozen in health food stores, has yeast) Good
toasted with jelly.

10.  Ludgren farms (something like that) makes it-it's pretty tasty!
W/some brown sugar, honey, or fruits....Also, I love bacon!  Would any
of the "egg-substitutes" work for you?  Rice cakes & peanut butter, or
peanut butter & jelly

11.  How about pan fried tempeh with salsa, browned organic chicken
links, gf buttermilk bisquits, organic butter and fig jam.

12.  Make a shake with fresh fruit and soymilk, add ice for texture and
blend. You could probably also add nuts. One of my favorites is banana
and soybutter.  I hate gf bread so I just put the banana on the plate
and put a smear of soybutter on top and eat with a fork! Can you have
Barbara's brown rice crisps?  They are just brown rice and fruit juice.
I add soymilk and fresh fruit. I also get puffed rice from Wild Oats,
again add soymilk and fresh fruit.

Can you eat tofu cheese?  Can you have any of the rice crackers?

13.  Fruit salad with walnuts.I use apples, peaches or plums and
blueberries.

14.  meat for breakfast, like fried ham or mushrooms and onions sauteed
with chicken livers or sausage with peppers and onions?  Vary your
fruit: try a grapefruit half (or peach half or pineapple slice) that has
been sprinkled with brown sugar and broiled.  Cut a tomato in half,
sprinkle each half with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano and broil.
Slice a banana in half, spread it with peanut butter and jelly; put the
2 halves back together, wrap in foil, and bake at 350 deg. for 8 min.
till heated through.  Tuna fish mixed with a little olive oil, onion and
green pepper may be an alternative.  You could take thin slices of
turkey and roll them around marinated asparagus spears.

Here is a recipe for Nectarine Roll-Ups that you may want to try: (may
also be made with peaches)

3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup peach preserved
1/2 grated lemon peel
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/4 lbs. very ripe nectarines, pitted and chopped fine
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
4 rice papers

In a skillet, heat sugar, preserves, lemon peel and spices until sugar
and preserves have dissolved.  Remove from heat and stir in nectarines
and almonds.  Soak rice papers in water for 3 minutes to soften.  Spray
papers with GF nonstick spray. Divide filling among the rice papers.
Fold sides into center, then roll rice paper into a cylinder.  Lay rolls
on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with GF nonstick spray.  Spray
top of rolls.  Bake at 400 deg. 15 min. or until heated through.  Serve
warm.

15.  I freeze peach slices but you can do this with bananas (I am
allergic to them). I put them in my blender with some water, a little
sweetener ( I use stevia), a dash of cinnamon, 1 T. flax seed meal or
1/2 T. flax oil and then I use a scoop of rice protein powder. I also
make them a lot without the protein powder.