From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:04:01 -0600

A recent post to this list about Tastybite only gave a part of the
company's position on gluten. From their Web site:

Are your products gluten-free?

Wheat and wheat based products are major sources of gluten.  None of our
products have wheat as an ingredient and so can be termed gluten-free.
However, we do not specifically test our products for the presence of
gluten, so if there were other sources by which gluten becomes present in
food, we would have no way to guarantee that.