From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 16:13:42 GMT

The St Johns computer center, our host for the Celiac and Cel-Kids
Lists, will be offline from about 7:00 A.M. until 6:00 P.M. on
Saturday, November 16.  Offline means that no messages will be
accepted or transmitted during this time period.  This stoppage
affects all List operations: Individual messages, digest, E-Digest,
archive searches, file retrievals, and subscription changes.

This time period is E.T. (New York time) for those outside of the US.

Restoration of service is expected to occur at 6:00 P.M. but as
everyone knows, problems can occur and the surge in traffic may cause
a delay in the receipt of messages.  Please do not increase the
workload by sending messages to check on the status.  (Don't use the
"QUERY CELIAC" command, and don't send messages to the CELIAC or
CELIAC-REQUEST address asking if St Johns is back online.  If you have
any doubts after 6 pm on Saturday, send a message directly to one of
the listowners:  Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]> or Bill Elkus

If the system is not operational by Sunday morning, I will send a
message to every subscriber around 9:00 A.M. with any known details.
If required, I will repeat this message again around 9:00 P.M. Sunday
night.

We regret this stoppage, but these hardware changes need to be
completed and they will affect all 300 Lists at St Johns.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA
One of the Celiac & Cel-Kids Listowners