From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:02:24 -0500

got a wonderful response for the recipe.  Many put choco chips in it and some make a thumbprint which they fill with jelly...

some asked about SPLENDA.  I am diabetic and have researched the stuff.  YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE THIS STUFF.  First of all, it RAISES blood sugar more than sugar!!!!  I tested it myself and when I was recently hospitalized we checked both it and Sweet and Low against sugar. In both instances, they raised the blood sugar more than reg. sugar.

In addition, those sweeteners are proved carcinogenics!

In the Peanut Butter cookies you are getting less than 1 teas sugar in each cookie.  YOu can also make this cookies with 3/4 cup sugr in stead of 1 cup...it will be slightly less sweet, but still good.

Get used to using sugar...just less of it.  And the medical thinking has changed regarding sugar...it is not dangerous....everything in moderation!