From:
goalieootttaA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:39:48 -0700

Hi all,

I am starting to wonder if anyone else has had trouble with supposedly GF
products that might be due to preservative agents. I have heard this from
several people as a possibility as to why many GF, corn-free, and rice
free products (all problems for me) make me ill.  I also ask this with
regards to beverages. Wines are supposed to be safe but some of them
make me very ill with CD type symptoms. I'm wondering if there is anything
in the distilling/preservative process that would involve gluten. I was
told by one poster that some wineries coat their bottles with flour as
part of the cleaning process but this seems a bit odd.  Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated and thanks for the support!
Lissy