From:
Lindsay Amadeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:42:33 -0500

Received this response from Sauve this week:

Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:11:54 -0500

From: "Carol Eilinger" <[log in to unmask]> | Block Address  | Add
to Address Book

Thanks for writing!

We do not specifically test our products for the presence of gluten, a
sticky protein found in some grains such as wheat.  Gluten may be
present in products that contain derivatives of wheat, oat, rye, and
barley. In labeling our products, our company follows the guidelines
established by the International Nomenclature for Cosmetics Ingredients
(INCI)process.  Therefore, if we use an ingredient derived from a grain
such as wheat, oat, rye and / or barley, those names will appear on the label.

Example One common example is "Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein" If you see this
name on the label, the material was derived from wheat, so the product
may contain gluten.

We recommend that you consult with your physician as to whether your
exposure to grain derivatives from the use of personal care products
will cause the symptoms of Celiac-Sprue Disease.

We hope this information is helpful,
Your friends at Suave