Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 12:09:03 -0500

I have had biopsy diagnosed CELIAC for 2 years.   Although my x-husband
(6 yrs an X) smoked like a chimmney...I have been second hand smoke FREE
since then.  I have never been a smoker myself.    I avoid places where
there is a lot of smoke, none of my family smoke, and my home is a no
smoking zone.

Just the other day I was offered a DREAM JOB.....but it is a small
private office space, where 2 of the 12 employees smoke..ALOT.  My
Fiance could smell the smoke on me when I came home after the
interview.... I believe I read at one point that cigarettes can contain
some of our forbidden grains.

My question...  Can this second hard smoke make my CELIAC symptoms
return??   I realize my lungs are also in danger, but I am more
concerned about the Celiac part of the equation..   Would wearing one of
those masks like dentists use be of any help??   YES, I really really
need this job..    I have waited years for a job such as this (computer
technician)....but as I am self taught on computers(thus no
credentials), graduated college 20+ years ago, and have been working at
home for the past 20 years (no job history)....I needed to KNOW SOMEONE
in the business to get a chance to prove myself..this is my chance.
The only drawback to this job is the smoke.....how worried should I
be????

TYIA
rana