Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2014 12:17:49 -0400

Hi all,

So most told me to essentially stop talk to my boss about my health and work hard and prove myself.  The later part is not as easy as that, unfortunately.  Especially since I just got glutened and it made me horribly sick and I messed up at work, again.

Others asked why I was still having brain fog.  Just to clarify, I'm not.  But as I was "detoxing" from gluten, I was in horrible shape starting these problems.  And when I get glutened, the brain fog is back.

Several suggested to get the ADA involved.  Celiac is covered under the ADA and it will help me protect my job and get some flexibility.  This involves getting on a doc note on file with HR and and speaking with my company ADA adviser.  Only issue has been a BIG one.  My GI doesn't believe anything outside of GI issues exist for Celiac.  Which explains why I had no idea this detox was coming, causing me major issues with work.  It really should be standard practice to advise someone with Celiac go on FMLA for their first month of going GF.  I think I wouldn't be having problems had I known.

So your next suggestion will be get a new doc who knows Celiac.  Well, my support group and I have all researched this to no end and can't find someone local.  I have an appt with someone I found on a Celiac website about an hour from me.  I hope I can get what I need.  Because although the brain fog is gone, I'm still having other issues.  I know this ride is long from over.

I appreciate the advice.  If you have anymore on how to find a doc near Greensboro/Winston-Salem, NC, I'm listening!

Thanks,
Cathy
Diagnosed Dec 2013