From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:02:33 -0500

If you are a member of GIG, you'll see in their recent magazine an excellent article on the differences between celiac, gluten-intolerance, and food allergies. That might help those who have trouble differentiating between types of reactions.  Sorry, I have no idea how to access the article if you are not a member.

And may I suggest that we not beat each other up on the listserv. We've come a long way (says me, who was diagnosed in 1947), and it's all because of sharing information. Just because you react to something doesn't mean it's not gluten-free. It means you shouldn't eat it. It doesn't mean it should be taboo for all celiacs.

Another thing to keep in mind is that every tummy ache, every ache and pain, isn't a gluten reaction. It helps to look at family and friends who don't have celiac. They get gas from certain foods. They may get an upset stomach. They find some foods give them a laxative or binding effect. It's not all from gluten.

Ask questions. Weigh the answers as they apply to you. But don't shoot the messenger.

Lin
The old lady on the list!