From:
Leif O. Thorvaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:51:27 -0800

I thought I'd check up on my meds.  I had done a search for myself and
arrived at the conclusion that they were GF.  I figured that maybe I
had better get the official story, so I emailed the Retired Persons
Pharmacy Service and got the following: [Note the disclaimer]

We do not have an official list of gluten-free products.  We can call the
manufacturer about individual drugs.  The three drugs you specifically
asked about are all gluten-free (Norvasc,Glucotrol XR,Glucophage.) If
you have any further questions, feel free to e-mail or call us at 1-800-
456-2277.

Thank You,
Dorothy,RPh

Email Disclaimer

The AARP Pharmacy Service from Retired Persons Services, Inc.(RPS) does
not provide medical diagnosis or treatment advice; decisions regarding
drug therapy are medical decisions requiring the informed decision of an
appropriate medical professional. The information provided here is not a
substitute for professional medical care or advice, but is provided to
help customers take control of  their health through informed
discussions with their health care professionals.  All decisions about
purchasing medications are between customers and their health care
professionals.  If you have concerns about your health or medication,
RPS recommends you discuss these concerns with your health care professional.

Leif