From:
David Goodman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:55:44 -0400

I recently returned from a week long cruise on Royal Caribbean's
Enchantment of the Seas. I have been on a GF diet for almost a year now.
When I travel on land I have soem contraol over what and where I eat.
Taking a cruise was a bit scary as they are in control. I am glad to say
the experience was fantastic. When I called Royal Caribbean (RCL)
initially and asked to speak to someome in the hotel dept (they handle
all food items etc..) I spoke to a woman who sugested that I make
contact with the Head waiter in the dining room, she then faxed me a
list of "safe foods" and Items to avoid like their french fries" coated
with wheat flour" along with this info she faxed me a copy of the CSA
restruarant card. This made me feel more secure about taking the cruise.
At dinner the 1st nite I spoke to the head waiter and explained the gf
diet. He personally made sure that each meal I had was prerpared safely.
I had no problems at all and had a great cruise. The ships staff were
great and the dining room staff fell over backwards to help.

just wanted to share this

David Goodman