From:
JM Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:54:15 -1000

There are probably a lot of people going or considering a trip to the Big
Island.

Here are some resources on Hawaii. There is an excellent health food
store in Kailua-Kona. This is up the hill from the King Kamehameha Hotel.

Kona Natural Foods
Crossroads Shopping Center
75-1027 Henry ST #105
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
808-329-2296

As of August 2001, they had no e-mail, nor any WEB presence. They had a wide
selection of products safe for celiacs, but the staff was not knowledgeable.

If you should get over to the Hilo (Volcano) side of the Big Island, there
are two suitable stores.

Island Naturals
303 Maka'ala ST
Hilo, HI 96720
808-935-5533

And

Kea'au natural foods
Kea'au Town Shopping Center
16-586 Old Volcano Road
Suite 109
Kea'au, HI 96749
808-966-8877

We limited our risk on this trip and did not eat out a lot. However,
there is a Roy's at Waikoloa Resort. Based on their performance on
Kauai, I think that they would do a great job, with just a little
notice. We stayed at places with a kitchenette and ate in most of that trip.

Have a good trip.

R/
Joe Bradley
Oahu, HI