From:
Michael Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 19:25:35 -0500

I was diagnosed about seven months ago at age 33.  As of my six month
check-up, my blood chem was normal, including my endomysial antibody test,
which had previously been 32 times normal.  But, even though I'm feeling
better, I'm still have considerable trouble with lactose.  Even Lactaid 100
milk doesn't do the trick.

I wasn't noticably lactose intolerant before diagnosis, as far as I could
tell, and certainly nowhere near as intolerant as I am now.  I've been a big
fan of dairy products my whole life, so this is bumming me out.

I'm not looking for advice on alternate foods, but for advice from anyone
whose lactose intolerance took a while to clear up -- or hasn't yet.  I don't
know what to expect.  How long does this take?  How often doesn't it happen?
How much lactose-ability do most people get.  I'll be happy to summarize
replies back to the list.

Thanks (and Happy Thanksgiving to those in the USA)

Mike Coe
Arlington, Virginia