From:
Nancy Garniez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:50:04 -0400

Dear Flat Bread Fanciers:
I received several helpful replies to my flatbread recipe:

Arrowroot  is a possible substitute for cornstarch, a la B. Hageman's
suggestion.

A reasonably source for arrowroot: Now Foods sells 10 lbs for $16.29.
They can be reached at 800-999-8069 or their sister company Fruitful
Yield at 800-469-5552.

Miss Roben's has some corn-free mixes and some that come with an
optional yeast packet.  Most baking powder has cornstarch but can also
be purchased with potato starch.

Glutinous rice flour is available in oriental groceries.

Lentil and chickpea flour and most of my rice flour I mill myself in my
handy-dandy Vitamix.  I love my Vitamix.

If you missed the original post and want the recipe drop me a line.

Nancy in nyc